As you know, leadership is managing employees. But it's not only that. Those people who are responsible for a company, a division, an area of the business or a major business unit know that simply using accepted methods of employee management is not enough to lead an organization. You need more than this. You need corporate leadership. If you are already or looking to be that executive in your company, then this program will give you the necessary knowledge and instruments you need for this highest form of management.
Executives with a wide range of responsibility are driven by something very special – the will to be successful and to lead a company or parts of it according to recognized best practices. But how can they measure their success? On financial key-performance indicators? Growth? Strength of innovation? On corporate culture and company morale? On the number of new jobs they create? Concepts and measures differ from company to company. However, if you truly want to achieve a strong strategy and operational excellence, to practice truly good management, you’ll need clear principles and insights into these skills. Executives should always take the time to compare their current level of knowledge and practical experience to the latest management insights about:
- How integrated management leads to better results long-term
- Why only the best-possible strategy will lead a company into the right future
- How new business ventures are created
- How a competitive advantage can be developed through strategy
- How structures and processes can support strategy implementation
Overview of Topics
- The factors that determine successful result-oriented overall management
- Corporate management focused on the long-term
- Finding the right management approach for your own company
- Testing management theories
- New management insights into strategic management
- Targeting strategic dominance – local or global?
- Developing and implementing the best strategy
- Becoming more profitable through branding and brand strategies
- Managing and maintaining company reputation
- Leadership in your company
- Leadership: models, best practices and the principles behind leading effectively
- What leadership principles and behavioral patterns characterize an authentic leader
- Why developing systems is also a form of leadership
- How can you achieve high motivation and top performance at the same time?
- What incentives and reward mechanisms should be used?
- How does change management function in practice?
- Developing digital business agility
- Understand how digitalization impacts leadership, strategy and business models
The program is meant for upper-management level executives, members of C-Level, heads of functions, divisions, business units and those responsible for heading an important, independently-run organizational entity. What you all have in common: You cannot manage your area of responsibility sufficiently using motivational management alone. More skills are needed than this. You need to be able to show your staff the way forward, and get them excited about your shared future. But you also need set the right objectives, shaping corporate culture, encouraging management quality, effect change by pushing decisions through several levels of company hierarchy – while exemplifying corporate values in everything your do.
Part 1: Corporate policy and strategy
The St. Gallen Management Philosophy
- Guiding your company in the desired direction
- The St. Gallen Corporate Management Model
The Predefined Mission
- What the decision-makers want
- What the company's mission should be
Vision, Values, Conduct
- The roll of the company in the future
- Values that must be maintained
- Expected conduct
Main Objectives, Guidelines
- Managing through objective-setting
- Steering the company using guidelines
- Identifying where Action is needed
- Disruptive developments and digital change
- Trends and changing business conditions
- New competitors from other sectors
Success with the Core Business
- The best possible strategy for a successful future
- Defend, expand, better leverage profitable businesses
- Concentration on profitable businesses, reduction of permanently unprofitable businesses
Growth: Initiatives for Business Development
- Growth through creating new markets
- Developing new business models
- Using digitalization for new business models
- Building a new Business
Strategy and Resource Management
- Scenarios, trends, technology
- Company identity today and tomorrow
- Expanding both core business and new business
Part 2: Leadership and Change
- St. Gallen Executive Leadership Model
- Consistently meeting management decisions
Forming a Management Team
- The role the company will play in the distant future
- Company values that must be maintained
- Expected conduct
How to be Effective as Management Team
- Forming a management team
- Guiding the company through set objectives
- Steering by using guidelines
Motivation and Performance
- Motivating to perform better
- Creating incentives
- Rewarding good performance
Changing Resistance to Commitment
- What changes cause high levels of resistance?
- Instruments of change management
- The executive as change manager
Registration, Administration, Enrollment
St. Gallen Business School
CH-9000 St. Gallen
Phone: +41 71 225 40 80
Announcement, Confirmation, Hotel
Please complete and return the attached registration form by e-mail or post.
All announcements are accurately checked, in order to set up interesting groups.
After checking the announcement you will get a written registration confirmation and the bill for the course fee as well as detailed information to the hotel and arrival. In case of an overbooked course we will contact you immediately. Hotel reservations are directly carried out by the participants. You benefit from a very reasonable seminar flat rate. Carefully selected hotels favour a stress-free learning atmosphere.
Please note that partial participation in a course is only possible after consulting the study direction.
Course Fee, Hotel costs, Topics
The course fee (plus VAT, depending where the seminar takes place) includes tuition and all course material. Hotel charges as for example accommodation, breakfast, subsistence of the hotel or conference center are not included. These charges are billed by the Hotel directly to the participants. Of course it is possible not to spend the night at the seminar hotel. In that case you pay the daily delegate rate directly to the hotel as well. The daily delegate rate of the conference centers in London, Boston and Shanghai is billed directly by the St. Gallen Business School and forwarded to the conference center.
The course fee is charged after the registration and has to be transferred by 6 weeks before the seminar starts.
Please note that missed lectures due to tardiness or absence are not refunded and cannot be made up later. It may be necessary to apply minor changes to the program in order to guarantee a successful course.
Due to the participation of the seminar you will get a seminar certificate.
Information to the Seminar Hotels
More information regarding our seminar hotels you can find directly on the internet (www.sgbs.ch).
Change of Booking, Postponement
If attendance at a seminar has, for compelling reasons, to be postponed, an administration fee of CHF 300.- will be charged. A re-scheduling is possible only up to 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, and only once. Seminars and parts of seminars not attended are forfeited. In the case of booking changes later than 6 weeks before the start of a seminar, following re-scheduling fees will be billed: up until 4 weeks prior to the start of the course, 20% of the course fee; up until 2 weeks prior to the start of the course, 40% of the course fee; up until 1 week prior to the start of the course, 80% of the course fee. In case of a later re-scheduling the entire seminar fee is forfeited. Alternatively, a booking for a substitute participant can be made up until 4 working days before the start of the seminar. For booking a substitute participant, an administration fee of CHF 300.– will be charged.
If a participant is obliged for compelling reasons to change a booking for an individual seminar part so as to attend this in another session, then a change in booking fee of CHF 300.- will be charged. The participant should be aware, that in this case program adaptations or alterations may occur. Please therefore contact us 10 days before the start of the seminar in order to talk the seminar program over for preventing program overlaps.
Cancellation / Withdrawal
The cancellation of an enrolment (a complete withdrawal) is possible up until 3 months before the start of a seminar with-out charge. In the case of a cancellation (complete withdrawal) up until 8 weeks before the start of the seminar, 20% of the course fee will be charged, in the case of a cancellation (complete withdrawal) up until 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, 40% of the course fee will be charged. After this time, the entire course fee is to be paid as a forfeit, unless provision has been made via re-booking for a substitute participant.
The booking of a replacement participant or deputisation is to be made at the latest 4 working days before the start of the seminar. In the case of booking a replacement participant, an administration fee of CHF 300.- falls due. In principle, seminars may, due to force majeure or because of an insufficient number of participants, be cancelled by the organiser at short notice, however only up until 3 weeks before the seminar start, without being liable for compensation for any resulting consequences.
Insurance, Liability, Price Changes
We recommend that you take out cancellation insurance policy covering cancellation due to illness and other occurrences. Likewise, it is the client’s own personal responsibility to insure against or cover all possible damages or losses which might either directly or indirectly arise from the attendance at a seminar. No matter whether it is due to accident, illness, personal liability, theft, cancellation of the seminar by the organiser, or from damage resulting from the use of the imparted Management knowledge on the part of any participant or the company appointed to us. Any liability on our part is expressly precluded. All matters are subject to Swiss law, the place of jurisdiction is St. Gallen. By the publication of new prospectus / brochures, all previous details pertaining to contents, speakers and prices cease to be valid.