This program introduces promising early career employees to the tools of effective general management and marketing. Participants will get an overall view of their tasks in the company. They learn how to analyze business tasks. They learn how to develop business ideas and turn them into strong business plans. They learn, how to turn good ideas into sustainable business activities, by doing integrative exercises and real life cases.
But this program also helps establish mutual respect between executives and their potential future managers:
- It shows junior talent how overall management of a company functions and what it means to bear responsibility for result-achievement
- It reveals their entrepreneurial talent and shows if they have business in their blood
- It helps identifying preferences in the career planning for future managers, and what business activities they are enthused about
The persuasive Marketing Concept
- How to develop a marketing concept
- What you need to watch out for in particular
Understanding the Company
- The parts and how they interact
- The existing business model
- Principles behind result-achievement and success
- Holistic corporate management
The Business Environment and its Dynamics
- Market and rules governing the marketplace
- Customers, demand, industries and the business framework
- Competition and competitor behavior
- Stakeholder groups
- External changes and the art of permanent development and adaptation
- Always try to increase the benefits you off er the customer
- How to create new markets with new business ideas
- Success with your core business
- How to develop business with a promising future using customer demands and new technologies
- The importance of strategic management
- Principles and methods
- Implementing in your own area
- Planning and budgeting
- Key-performance indicators and targets
- The effect your actions have on financial results
- Understanding marketing as a concept
- Marketing tools
- The building blocks of effective marketing
- Classic and digital marketing concepts
- Planning and achieving success in the marketplace
Sales and Distribution
- Customer management
- Developing and optimizing the sales process
- Optimizing and expanding existing distribution channels
- Internet, online shop, marketplace – having success with digital sales
Identifying and developing your own Talents
- My own abilities as manager – analysis, test, self-recognition
- My career and personal goals
- The optimal way to prepare for a possible career as manager
Registration, Administration, Enrollment
St. Gallen Business School
CH-9000 St. Gallen
Phone: +41 71 225 40 80
Announcement, Confirmation, Hotel
Please complete and return the attached registration form by e-mail or post.
All announcements are accurately checked, in order to set up interesting groups.
After checking the announcement you will get a written registration confirmation and the bill for the course fee as well as detailed information to the hotel and arrival. In case of an overbooked course we will contact you immediately. Hotel reservations are directly carried out by the participants. You benefit from a very reasonable seminar flat rate. Carefully selected hotels favour a stress-free learning atmosphere.
Please note that partial participation in a course is only possible after consulting the study direction.
Course Fee, Hotel costs, Topics
The course fee (plus VAT, depending where the seminar takes place) includes tuition and all course material. Hotel charges as for example accommodation, breakfast, subsistence of the hotel or conference center are not included. These charges are billed by the Hotel directly to the participants. Of course it is possible not to spend the night at the seminar hotel. In that case you pay the daily delegate rate directly to the hotel as well. The daily delegate rate of the conference centers in London, Boston and Shanghai is billed directly by the St. Gallen Business School and forwarded to the conference center.
The course fee is charged after the registration and has to be transferred by 6 weeks before the seminar starts.
Please note that missed lectures due to tardiness or absence are not refunded and cannot be made up later. It may be necessary to apply minor changes to the program in order to guarantee a successful course.
Due to the participation of the seminar you will get a seminar certificate.
Information to the Seminar Hotels
More information regarding our seminar hotels you can find directly on the internet (www.sgbs.ch).
Change of Booking, Postponement
If attendance at a seminar has, for compelling reasons, to be postponed, an administration fee of CHF 300.- will be charged. A re-scheduling is possible only up to 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, and only once. Seminars and parts of seminars not attended are forfeited. In the case of booking changes later than 6 weeks before the start of a seminar, following re-scheduling fees will be billed: up until 4 weeks prior to the start of the course, 20% of the course fee; up until 2 weeks prior to the start of the course, 40% of the course fee; up until 1 week prior to the start of the course, 80% of the course fee. In case of a later re-scheduling the entire seminar fee is forfeited. Alternatively, a booking for a substitute participant can be made up until 4 working days before the start of the seminar. For booking a substitute participant, an administration fee of CHF 300.– will be charged.
If a participant is obliged for compelling reasons to change a booking for an individual seminar part so as to attend this in another session, then a change in booking fee of CHF 300.- will be charged. The participant should be aware, that in this case program adaptations or alterations may occur. Please therefore contact us 10 days before the start of the seminar in order to talk the seminar program over for preventing program overlaps.
Cancellation / Withdrawal
The cancellation of an enrolment (a complete withdrawal) is possible up until 3 months before the start of a seminar with-out charge. In the case of a cancellation (complete withdrawal) up until 8 weeks before the start of the seminar, 20% of the course fee will be charged, in the case of a cancellation (complete withdrawal) up until 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, 40% of the course fee will be charged. After this time, the entire course fee is to be paid as a forfeit, unless provision has been made via re-booking for a substitute participant.
The booking of a replacement participant or deputisation is to be made at the latest 4 working days before the start of the seminar. In the case of booking a replacement participant, an administration fee of CHF 300.- falls due. In principle, seminars may, due to force majeure or because of an insufficient number of participants, be cancelled by the organiser at short notice, however only up until 3 weeks before the seminar start, without being liable for compensation for any resulting consequences.
Insurance, Liability, Price Changes
We recommend that you take out cancellation insurance policy covering cancellation due to illness and other occurrences. Likewise, it is the client’s own personal responsibility to insure against or cover all possible damages or losses which might either directly or indirectly arise from the attendance at a seminar. No matter whether it is due to accident, illness, personal liability, theft, cancellation of the seminar by the organiser, or from damage resulting from the use of the imparted Management knowledge on the part of any participant or the company appointed to us. Any liability on our part is expressly precluded. All matters are subject to Swiss law, the place of jurisdiction is St. Gallen. By the publication of new prospectus / brochures, all previous details pertaining to contents, speakers and prices cease to be valid.