The St. Gallen Management College is a comprehensive and advanced training for young employees, high potentials and young professionals without long career experience. It is aimed at committed young people, who want to put down the groundwork for a future career in management at an early age.
- Young employees who are engineers, technicians, lawyers, physicians, sociologists, biologists, mathematicians, chemists, physicists
- Employees with a background in economics and the humanities
- Rising talent from business areas and people who came to business from other disciplines
How you benefit
You should be well prepared before jumping up to a management position. Young managers also have to prove themselves in their new jobs. This program develops their leadership skills, their operational readiness and performance. Working a lot is not enough.
It is results that count. It is the image that you foster with your superiors and colleagues during the fi rst few months – the «this is me» brand. It is having the ability to quickly recognize what is important, to set your own priorities and to achieve something presentable.
Part 1: Marketing and Sales
The persuasive Marketing Concept
- How to develop a marketing concept
- What you need to watch out for in particular
Planning and Achieving Success in the Marketplace
- The marketplace as location for competition of the best
- Always be a step ahead of the competition
- Market success thanks to customer management
The Building Blocks of Marketing
- What a junior manager must know about modern marketing
- Survey, tools, rules
Part 2: Business Administration and General Management
Understanding the whole. How a company functions. What must work together. What contribution should you make for the benefit of the company.
What Companies should do
- The owners and the real decisionmaking center of a company
- Create a vision, business mission, corporate identity
- Have company values and an ethical-moral commitment
- Expected behavior and management directives
- Clarify primary goals and guidelines
What Makes a Company Successful
- Having a strong core business in attractive markets
- Creating new ideas, innovation and growth
- Having good profit margins, being competitive and profitable
- Working on business development, startups
What Corporate Management Entails
- Strategic management
- Managing a corporate culture
- Structure and process management
- HR management
- Robust implementation
How to Achieve a Strong Market Position
- Be a leader in quality and performance
- Be a leader for service and solutions
- Dominate your niche
- Lead your market through outstanding brand appeal or reputation
- Possess unique capital strength and robust financing
- Be a leader for costs
- Possess other, industry-specific core expertise
Making a Contribution to Strategy Implementation
- What an employee at the operative level can do to contribute to implementing strategy
Corporate Management and Financial Success
- The most important key-performance indicators
- Calculating investments
Part 3: Finance
Finance and Accounting
- Costs and performance calculations
- Types of costs, cost centers
- Full costs, profit contributions, marginal costs
- Calculation and pricing
Capital, Investments, Financing, Liquidity
- Capital, investment, investment requirements
- Capital intensity, investments
- Types of financing and the cost of capital
- Managing liquidity
Profitability, Rate of Return, Corporate Value
- Cash flow, EBIT, profit margins and other key-performance indicators
- Return on equity
- Drivers of corporate value
Opportunities for you to influence things
- What opportunities does an individual employee have to make a contribution to achieving financial targets?
- What you can do personally to result-improvement
Part 4: Leadership and Leadership Behavior
- Dealing with people in an open and respectful way
- Finding common ground, fostering contacts
- Support, learning from others
- Building trust, creating your first networks
- Finding joy in your work and result-achievement
Group Dynamics and Emotional Competency
- The principles of human interaction
- Possible roles to play in a group
- Analyzing your own role
- Enhancing your emotional competency
Motivation, Proficiency and Performance
- Motivating yourself and others
- Learning fast – using the experiences of others
- What the boss expects of your performance
- Being willing to work, committing yourself to performing well
Leadership and Communication
- The rules behind good conversational skills
- Communication in everyday business
- Admitting mistakes
- Do not be afraid to asks questions
- How to deal with conflict in the right way
Leading and Leadership Skills
- Experiencing your own talent for leadership
- Seeing yourself as a leader
- First leadership position – initial steps to developing your own style of leadership
Registration, Administration, Enrollment
St. Gallen Business School
CH-9000 St. Gallen
Phone: +41 71 225 40 80
Announcement, Confirmation, Hotel
Please complete and return the attached registration form by e-mail or post.
All announcements are accurately checked, in order to set up interesting groups.
After checking the announcement you will get a written registration confirmation and the bill for the course fee as well as detailed information to the hotel and arrival. In case of an overbooked course we will contact you immediately. Hotel reservations are directly carried out by the participants. You benefit from a very reasonable seminar flat rate. Carefully selected hotels favour a stress-free learning atmosphere.
Please note that partial participation in a course is only possible after consulting the study direction.
Course Fee, Hotel costs, Topics
The course fee (plus VAT, depending where the seminar takes place) includes tuition and all course material. Hotel charges as for example accommodation, breakfast, subsistence of the hotel or conference center are not included. These charges are billed by the Hotel directly to the participants. Of course it is possible not to spend the night at the seminar hotel. In that case you pay the daily delegate rate directly to the hotel as well. The daily delegate rate of the conference centers in London, Boston and Shanghai is billed directly by the St. Gallen Business School and forwarded to the conference center.
The course fee is charged after the registration and has to be transferred by 6 weeks before the seminar starts.
Please note that missed lectures due to tardiness or absence are not refunded and cannot be made up later. It may be necessary to apply minor changes to the program in order to guarantee a successful course.
Due to the participation of the seminar you will get a seminar certificate.
Information to the Seminar Hotels
More information regarding our seminar hotels you can find directly on the internet (www.sgbs.ch).
Change of Booking, Postponement
If attendance at a seminar has, for compelling reasons, to be postponed, an administration fee of CHF 300.- will be charged. A re-scheduling is possible only up to 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, and only once. Seminars and parts of seminars not attended are forfeited. In the case of booking changes later than 6 weeks before the start of a seminar, following re-scheduling fees will be billed: up until 4 weeks prior to the start of the course, 20% of the course fee; up until 2 weeks prior to the start of the course, 40% of the course fee; up until 1 week prior to the start of the course, 80% of the course fee. In case of a later re-scheduling the entire seminar fee is forfeited. Alternatively, a booking for a substitute participant can be made up until 4 working days before the start of the seminar. For booking a substitute participant, an administration fee of CHF 300.– will be charged.
If a participant is obliged for compelling reasons to change a booking for an individual seminar part so as to attend this in another session, then a change in booking fee of CHF 300.- will be charged. The participant should be aware, that in this case program adaptations or alterations may occur. Please therefore contact us 10 days before the start of the seminar in order to talk the seminar program over for preventing program overlaps.
Cancellation / Withdrawal
The cancellation of an enrolment (a complete withdrawal) is possible up until 3 months before the start of a seminar with-out charge. In the case of a cancellation (complete withdrawal) up until 8 weeks before the start of the seminar, 20% of the course fee will be charged, in the case of a cancellation (complete withdrawal) up until 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, 40% of the course fee will be charged. After this time, the entire course fee is to be paid as a forfeit, unless provision has been made via re-booking for a substitute participant.
The booking of a replacement participant or deputisation is to be made at the latest 4 working days before the start of the seminar. In the case of booking a replacement participant, an administration fee of CHF 300.- falls due. In principle, seminars may, due to force majeure or because of an insufficient number of participants, be cancelled by the organiser at short notice, however only up until 3 weeks before the seminar start, without being liable for compensation for any resulting consequences.
Insurance, Liability, Price Changes
We recommend that you take out cancellation insurance policy covering cancellation due to illness and other occurrences. Likewise, it is the client’s own personal responsibility to insure against or cover all possible damages or losses which might either directly or indirectly arise from the attendance at a seminar. No matter whether it is due to accident, illness, personal liability, theft, cancellation of the seminar by the organiser, or from damage resulting from the use of the imparted Management knowledge on the part of any participant or the company appointed to us. Any liability on our part is expressly precluded. All matters are subject to Swiss law, the place of jurisdiction is St. Gallen. By the publication of new prospectus / brochures, all previous details pertaining to contents, speakers and prices cease to be valid.