Structure of the Program
This is a 3-part management program for young managers, future leaders and junior staff. This includes key personnel within departments, teams, projects or service centers. This program deals with the basics of result-oriented management. It focuses on those management achievements by younger managers that make a major contribution to the overall success of a company.
Companies and institutions are divided into organizational units, divisions, departments and profit centers or processes. The men and women who lead these – usually second or third level from the top in a company‘s hierarchy – are the driving force behind success. They are supported by junior staff, which they are expected to develop and encourage. The decisions they make are an integral part of the direction the company is on, its guidelines, requirements and corporate objectives. What remains, however, is plenty of room to maneuver that can be used to achieve excellent results. For this you have to effectively manage your area of responsibility, but also practice a holistic, results-oriented collaborationwith other areas and departments. This latter factor especially is an asset that needs to be developed. Those men and women, therefore, who lead a company division or a large department, who require comprehensive knowledge and skills like
- knowledge of corporate management, strategy, marketing, finance and leadership
- managing employers and teams
- Young managers working for major companies
- Heads of profit centers or small business units
- Key players in projects, staff, service centers, in cross-divisional and support functions
Who benefits from this Program
In this program you‘ll learn the principles of successful management. It adds the latest insights about manage ment as central theme for effective corporate leadership. We attach special importance on practical relevance and transfer of learning. Besides professional skills and the right way of applying management methods, good managers are characterized by high social competence. The participants in our program learn about their strengths as a management personality. They learn how to apply these strengths in the right way.
Part 1: Holistic Management
The Management Approach
- The Management Approach – from model to practical application
- Holistic thinking as a source of sustainable company success
Management of Business Divisions
- Leading a division, but with an eye on the whole
- Meeting short-term objectives and investing in the future at the same time
New Strategic Management
- Strategic thinking in a turbulent business environment
- Structure and content of a divisional and profi tcenter strategy
- Doing a strategic analysis for your area of responsibility
- Using strategic latitude
- For new marketing «Anything that communicates, can be sold»
- Anyone who communicates externally is relevant to marketing
- How do you organize this new marketing?
Leadership and Managing Employees
- Which management style, under which conditions, bring the best results?
- How can optimal employee performance with high levels of employee satisfaction be achieved?
Behavioral Patterns in the Management Process
Every executive conducts him or herself according to an individual behavioral pattern. This is recognized by employees and is used as a guideline when dealing with their boss on a daily basis. Our lecturers demonstrate the typical behavioral patterns in the management process.
Strengths in Management Conduct
Building on this, most people are able to recognize their own personal strengths in management conduct. Also their own weaknesses. In the program, we concentrate on your strengths. This is because changing the way you conduct yourself is a very long process, and it‘s more worthwhile to start by building on your strengths and enhancing them.
Applying your Strengths
Once you‘ve identifi ed your own strengths, you have to ask whether you can consciously apply them at work. We will train you using typical situations from the business world and show you how to consciously apply your personal strengths.
Personal Social Competence
Personal social competence should continue to grow as you become more experienced and take on more responsibility. We will show you the different forms social competence takes and how to optimize potential here.
- Financial success can be controlled within just a few parameters
- Where is room for maneuvering, if I want to contribute to my company‘s financial success?
- Planning, budgeting and controlling of profit-center results
- Measures that will improve results
Planning and Budgeting
- Ambitious planning and budgeting
- How to deal with instability and uncertainty
- Adapting to factors causing fluctuations in the business environment
- Constants in planning in an «unplanable» world
- Is realizing this investment worth it?
- Are investments in innovation profitable?
- Make or buy – what should my company make itself, what should others make?
- Outsourcing or insourcing
- Calculating the financial requirements of new strategies and concepts
- Cash-fl ow calculations, capital requirements and sources of funding
- The best forms of financing
- Minimizing capital costs
- Calculating liquidity
- Constantly ensuring liquidity
- How to bridge liquidity shortages
Achieving Objectives for Profit and Return on Investment
- Setting ambitious profit and return on investment objectives
- Measures and effective mechanisms of profit management
- Achieving objectives for profit, cash-flow, return on investment and profit margin
Are Costs under Control?
- The desired cost position
- Planning and controlling costs
- Managing the break-even point
- Consciously shaping fixed costs
- Making costs variable and flexible
Registration, Administration, Enrollment
St. Gallen Business School
CH-9000 St. Gallen
Phone: +41 71 225 40 80
Announcement, Confirmation, Hotel
Please complete and return the attached registration form by e-mail or post.
All announcements are accurately checked, in order to set up interesting groups.
After checking the announcement you will get a written registration confirmation and the bill for the course fee as well as detailed information to the hotel and arrival. In case of an overbooked course we will contact you immediately. Hotel reservations are directly carried out by the participants. You benefit from a very reasonable seminar flat rate. Carefully selected hotels favour a stress-free learning atmosphere.
Please note that partial participation in a course is only possible after consulting the study direction.
Course Fee, Hotel costs, Topics
The course fee (plus VAT, depending where the seminar takes place) includes tuition and all course material. Hotel charges as for example accommodation, breakfast, subsistence of the hotel or conference center are not included. These charges are billed by the Hotel directly to the participants. Of course it is possible not to spend the night at the seminar hotel. In that case you pay the daily delegate rate directly to the hotel as well. The daily delegate rate of the conference centers in London, Boston and Shanghai is billed directly by the St. Gallen Business School and forwarded to the conference center.
The course fee is charged after the registration and has to be transferred by 6 weeks before the seminar starts.
Please note that missed lectures due to tardiness or absence are not refunded and cannot be made up later. It may be necessary to apply minor changes to the program in order to guarantee a successful course.
Due to the participation of the seminar you will get a seminar certificate.
Information to the Seminar Hotels
More information regarding our seminar hotels you can find directly on the internet (www.sgbs.ch).
Change of Booking, Postponement
If attendance at a seminar has, for compelling reasons, to be postponed, an administration fee of CHF 300.- will be charged. A re-scheduling is possible only up to 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, and only once. Seminars and parts of seminars not attended are forfeited. In the case of booking changes later than 6 weeks before the start of a seminar, following re-scheduling fees will be billed: up until 4 weeks prior to the start of the course, 20% of the course fee; up until 2 weeks prior to the start of the course, 40% of the course fee; up until 1 week prior to the start of the course, 80% of the course fee. In case of a later re-scheduling the entire seminar fee is forfeited. Alternatively, a booking for a substitute participant can be made up until 4 working days before the start of the seminar. For booking a substitute participant, an administration fee of CHF 300.– will be charged.
If a participant is obliged for compelling reasons to change a booking for an individual seminar part so as to attend this in another session, then a change in booking fee of CHF 300.- will be charged. The participant should be aware, that in this case program adaptations or alterations may occur. Please therefore contact us 10 days before the start of the seminar in order to talk the seminar program over for preventing program overlaps.
Cancellation / Withdrawal
The cancellation of an enrolment (a complete withdrawal) is possible up until 3 months before the start of a seminar with-out charge. In the case of a cancellation (complete withdrawal) up until 8 weeks before the start of the seminar, 20% of the course fee will be charged, in the case of a cancellation (complete withdrawal) up until 6 weeks before the start of the seminar, 40% of the course fee will be charged. After this time, the entire course fee is to be paid as a forfeit, unless provision has been made via re-booking for a substitute participant.
The booking of a replacement participant or deputisation is to be made at the latest 4 working days before the start of the seminar. In the case of booking a replacement participant, an administration fee of CHF 300.- falls due. In principle, seminars may, due to force majeure or because of an insufficient number of participants, be cancelled by the organiser at short notice, however only up until 3 weeks before the seminar start, without being liable for compensation for any resulting consequences.
Insurance, Liability, Price Changes
We recommend that you take out cancellation insurance policy covering cancellation due to illness and other occurrences. Likewise, it is the client’s own personal responsibility to insure against or cover all possible damages or losses which might either directly or indirectly arise from the attendance at a seminar. No matter whether it is due to accident, illness, personal liability, theft, cancellation of the seminar by the organiser, or from damage resulting from the use of the imparted Management knowledge on the part of any participant or the company appointed to us. Any liability on our part is expressly precluded. All matters are subject to Swiss law, the place of jurisdiction is St. Gallen. By the publication of new prospectus / brochures, all previous details pertaining to contents, speakers and prices cease to be valid.